HOW DO I START?
Contact us! We want to meet you and find out all about you, so invest some time and think about the following:
- Which areas would you consider buying in?
- Are there other areas you would consider but don’t know well?
- What kind of property are you looking for?
- What are the “must-haves” and “don’t wants”?
- How much are you prepared to spend to get what you want?
- When do you want to have moved by?
- Do you need to sell and if so, is your property on the market yet?
- Do you know how much you can borrow and if so is your finance organised?
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
After a sale has been agreed, your agent will be the main point of communication between all parties involved in the transaction and will be with you every step of the way to assist where at all possible.
Your immediate priority is to:
- Instruct a solicitor – don’t worry we can help you
- Instruct and pay your IFA/ Mortgage broker (if applicable) to submit your mortgage application and order the survey.
- Once the legal (or ‘conveyancing’) work has been carried out and your finances are in order, you will be in a position to ‘exchange contracts’ prior to the agreed ‘completion’, at which point you can take possession of the property.
I WANT TO SEE SOME PROPERTY
Once your agent has a good idea of your needs, it’s time to get out there and see a good range of properties so that you can get a grip on what your money will buy in your chosen area. There are some great houses to buy in Crawley and lots of different areas to browse.
The sooner you become confident about value, the sooner you will be in a position to buy with conviction.
See as much as you can, however if you find the perfect property early on in your search, don’t delay – if you like it, the probability is that someone else will as well!
Give detailed feedback to your agent; it will help to guide them in assisting you.
ANY OTHER ADVICE?
This is an exciting yet sometimes stressful time for all involved. Be aware of the feelings of all those involved in the transaction and try and react logically and calmly to the ups and downs of the transaction.
If you are looking for your next home to rent or buy, please call 01293 561188 or pop in to our office on Crawley High Street to tell us what you are looking for. You can also register your requirements here.
I’VE FOUND IT!
When you find a suitable property, consult your agent about how to proceed. An offer is about more than just money; you will be asked to provide details of:
- your buying position
- proposed timeframes
- any inclusions (curtains, carpets, etc)
- how you propose to fund the purchase
- The seller will expect us to obtain all of this information as it will aid them in their decision making.