Where to begin
The first step is to contact Greenaway Residential Estate and Lettings Agents in Crawley who will be more than happy to register your details and discuss your search requirements. We cover the region around Crawley including Reigate and Redhill in Surrey and Haywards Heath and East Grinstead in West Sussex.
- Think about your desired property type and location. If you are unsure, discuss it with us and we would be glad to help you refine your search.
- Consider your "must have" criteria - what won't you compromise on?
- Budget - how much would you be prepared to pay for the right property?
- Length of tenancy - how long are you planning on living there?
- When do you want to move? We recommend beginning your search around 6-8 weeks prior to your ideal move date.
- Your Negotiator will show you the best properties available in line with your requirements.
- The local property market moves very quickly. If you find the perfect property, one that suits the majority of your requirements, you may wish to put forward an offer on it as soon as possible - be prepared, it may be the first one you see!
Found the right place?
Placing an offer
Upon finding a suitable property, put forward your offer as soon as possible and confirm any special requirements with your Negotiator.
Upon acceptance of your offer, you will be required to read through our terms and conditions. Your Negotiator will be pleased to help should you have any questions. When you are happy with our terms and conditions (you will be asked to sign a copy) you will be required to pay a holding deposit to secure the property.
Reference checks will be made at this stage (there is a small fee for this service) - please ensure you can provide bank details and the contact details of your previous landlord (if applicable), along with those of your employer.
You will also be issued with details of your initial payment. This will include:
- Rent for the first month
- Deposit - equivalent to a month and a half rent
Future payments for monthly rent are taken by standing order in advance so please have your bank account details available to complete the form. Please note the signature must be an original as faxed copies are not accepted by the banks.
Home sweet home
Provided that all payments, documents and references are in order, your keys will be available for collection on the start date of the tenancy, usually via an appointment with an inventory clerk who will meet you at the property once you have signed the tenancy agreement and paid your first months' rent and the deposit. Your Negotiator will ensure that this is organised at a convenient time.
You will need to inform your utility providers that you have moved into the property and ensure that all accounts are transferred into your name as quickly as possible
What if I need help during my tenancy?
If your property is managed by us you will be advised of the name and contact details of your Property Co-ordinator at the start of the tenancy, please feel free to contact them at any time to discuss any questions or problems you may have.
If your property is managed by the landlord, you should contact them directly for any maintenance issues. For any questions regarding tenancy agreements, break clauses, payments or renewals, please contact your Property Co-ordinator who will provide you with all the necessary contact numbers upon moving in.
If you are still unsure, our Branch Manager will be happy to provide further advice. To view local information about Crawley please click here.